Thursday, July 7, 2016

#2016LWOW update

We have had no cell coverage for the past few days-- I have written out my blogs for each day but haven't been able to post them because I can't get my pictures from my phone to my laptop quite yet...  I'll update the blog when I can.

Popped on here for a minute now to say that we are fine and happy and having a great time from 10:00 am until 10:00 pm each day.  However, once the sun goes down, the temperature plummets and we have been miserably cold!

Our original plan was to stay in Yellowstone until tomorrow morning but it is going to be brutally cold again tonight (33 degrees) so we decided to stay and do our full day of plans here today, but leave after dinner and drive to Cody, Wyoming.  The Brandows are also going to be leaving and driving to Idaho Falls, ID on their way back to Pasadena.  Maggie and I just booked the hotels and now WE CAN'T STOP SMILING.  We keep doing sparkle finger/jazz hands toward each other over our laptops like a couple of 10 year old girls.  This would have been our 7th night of camping and we are feeling all sorts of calm and peace about abandoning ship.

The only thing we miss by leaving tonight after dinner is 2 hours of cold, angry packing in the morning.  DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment